Operations Manager - Butte, Montana
UPTOP Clothing is seeking a highly qualified, energetic and organized operations manager in Butte, Montana. The ideal candidate possesses a superior attention to detail no matter the size of the task and should have a strong knowledge of and experience in the soft goods industry. In addition to managing warehouse operations, this individual will be responsible for forecasting inventory levels as well as establishing and optimized formal procedures for organization of the inventory. Hiring, training and managing staff will be a key part of the role so excellent communication skills are a must. We see this role as an integral piece in our operation and in achieving our growth goals.
Please read through the additional requirements and qualifications below. Resumes, cover letters and 3 to 4 referrals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager is responsible for order management/fulfillment, warehouse line planning, inventory control procedures, and maintaining an efficient, safe and orderly warehouse.
- Warehouse Management:
- Working in conjunction with all employees, ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for all products, forecasting as needed for focus brand promotions, and seasonality;
- Assists and actively participates in weekly/monthly meetings to ensure adherence to performance standards as established in the yearly planning process;
- Work with Sales to optimize inventory investment in terms of appropriate selection, optimization, product availability, and turns(ROI)
- Monitoring employee scheduling and hourly expectations – ensuring that employee is not working in excess and adhering to overtime regulations;
- Monitor and track warehouse productivity and mis-picks monthly;
- Ensures that warehouse is kept neat, orderly, clear of trash daily;
- Assigns appropriate personnel as needed to attend to building maintenance duties;
- Orders warehouse supplies and maintains an inventory to meet the expected needs;
- Inventory Control
- Develop formal procedures for check out and check in of inventory;
- Ensure all inventory is counted periodically and any discrepancies are being investigated and settled.
- Require adherence to the inventory control procedure to prevent the loss of product through pilferage, damage, or aging;
- Assist with the physical inventory of product secured in the warehouse;
- Assist with the resolution of inventory variances;
- Have all product rows tagged with the proper information (ensuring SKU locations are properly labeled and updated in the system);
- Require all incoming shipments to be accurately counted and report major variances and/or damage;
- Supervisory, Team Development and Administration
- Effectively procure, hire, and develop additional staff as needed;
- Responsible for training all current and new warehouse staff;
- Plans, assigns tasks and directs work of subordinate personnel; examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures;
- Provides and posts schedule, vacation schedule, and all other pertinent documents;
- Appraises performance and rewards employee appropriately; addresses complaints and resolves personnel problems; maintains harmony and unity among staff;
- Attends and actively participates in company meetings;
- Takes necessary corrective action in a timely manner and in accordance to company policy;
- Maintains a high level of morale synergy to ensure Company-wide team building.
- Adhere to our values
- Exhibits sound leadership skills and abilities;
- Displays effective interpersonal communication (supplier, employee, customer communications);
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of responsibility to ensure quality of work;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships;
- Shows sound judgment, decision making and accountability;
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills;
- Adheres to all Company and supplier procedures and policies;
- Performs work activities in accordance to established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
Education & Experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree; and
- Preferred Five or more years of experience in soft goods (i.e. apparel and accessories) or retail setting
- Provide 3-4 referrals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Knowledge in all areas of warehouse management;
- Strong soft goods industry and product knowledge;
- Familiarity with inventory procedures;
- Warehouse layout and product slotting experience;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, other governmental agencies, and the general public;
- Ability to promote positive public relations and to convey the objectives of the facility to various groups and individuals;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to handle wide range of tasks; and
- Understand and effectively communicate UPTOP's organizational mission and goals.
- Salary- Industry Competitive: Exempt position paid every two weeks.